[Rhodes22-list] Annual Donation Reminder

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jan 18 00:22:14 EST 2022

Wow, I was off the grid for a few days, ok, weeks, and lots has happened!

First, I'd like to thank Peter Nyberg for all that he has done to improve the Rhodes22.org website and coordinate an annual reminder to donate to help defray operating costs for the website and email list. He has been fantastic!

Next, I'd like to thank everyone who has become a member of the Rhodies email list community. Together, we provide a support network for all current owners of Rhodes 22 sailboats. We respond faster than employees of manufacturers and create new and novel changes and additions to the R22. It was my dream to be able to maintain such a community as a resource for future Rhodies when I assumed the hosting responsibilities, nearly six years ago. It is these contributions of time and knowledge that are priceless!

I appreciate every donation of time or money. I will tally all of the financial donations and report. For those who are concerned about the disposition of the donations, the basic AWS server costs roughly $15 per month. Added to that is the cost of DNS functions and the like. I am in the process of adding capabilities to support greater security (https / security certificate), multiple databases and additional website "languages". These changes to the server will enable support nice website functions that Peter developed last year. By the way, please thank Mike Meltzer for his role in founding the list, creating the original website and maintaining the domain itself (Mike - I would like to send you donation money to cover your costs as well).

Thanks to all who donate their knowledge, time, videos, photos, and, of course, dollars, to make this community thrive!

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY