[Rhodes22-list] Annual Donation Reminder

michael meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Wed Jan 19 18:37:24 EST 2022

A little background, the list predate most other media platforms (think
Facebook, twitter, etc) so they was a high level of chit-chat here. Well
sometimes a flame war broke out. Or someone else pissing at me. General I
would respond with something like below. After the person spent hours
replying, and would get another one 😁 someone would let them know they
been had by a computer and would defuse it

The purpose of this letter is to outline a plan to call a spade a spade.
What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter
and to Mr. Todd Tavares himself. Sure, Todd talks the talk, but does he
walk the walk? To answer that question, note that history provides a number
of instructive examples for us to study. For instance, it has long been the
case that if you’re interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery,
cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which Todd
may impose a particular curriculum, vision of history, and method of
pedagogy on our school systems one of these days, then you’ll want to
consider the following very carefully. You’ll especially want to consider
that if my own experience has taught me anything, it’s that Todd has been
trying repeatedly to declare a national emergency, round up everyone who
disagrees with him, and put them in concentration camps. We should figure
out what systemic and structural changes might be made locally to prevent
him from succeeding at that.

It may well be true that Todd’s declamations are enmeshed in classism, but
by the same token, he keeps saying we should have an honest conversation
about exclusivism. As you could probably guess, Todd actually has no
interest in having what an ordinary person would think of as an honest
conversation. The only topics allowed in his version are those that concur
with Todd’s belief that he’s a perpetual victim of injustice. In a truly
honest conversation one would be allowed to present the inconvenient (to
Todd) fact that most of you reading this letter have your hearts in the
right place. Now follow your hearts with actions.

We must use our minds and spirits to halt Todd’s efforts to pander to
pot-valiant inebriates. Todd and his appalling, shabby secret police must
cachinnate about this in private, knowing that Todd’s claim that he’s God’s
chosen instrument to save our nation from impending doom is completely at
odds with the established historical record. Nevertheless, Todd has been
promoting that view for years, which, in my opinion, qualifies it as a
hoax. Todd, get a life! Personally, I don’t expect Todd to give up his
crusade to destroy the lives of good, honest people, but we’ll see. Given
that the subtext of what I’m saying is that some of his arguments are so
convoluted that they require a dictionary, a decoder ring, and a team of
scholars to decipher, it stands to reason that while Todd and other
teterrimous ignoramuses sometimes differ on the details and scale of their
upcoming campaigns of terror they never fail to agree on the basic
principle and substance. Hence, it is imperative that you understand that
his shiftless attempt to construct a creative response to my previous
letter was absolutely pitiful. Really, Todd, stringing together a bunch of
solecistic insults and seemingly random babble is hardly effective. It
simply proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that we must learn to celebrate
our diversity, not because it is the politically correct thing to do but
because Todd has one-upped George Washington in that he cannot tell a lie
*and* cannot tell the truth. Basically, he’s too homicidal to distinguish
between the two. Finally, it is not at all unlikely that in this letter I
have said some things to which many of my readers may take exception. It
has not been any part of my purpose either to please or to displease
anybody but simply to tell the truth and to say, so far as I have given
expression to my views, precisely what I think. And what I think is this:
Mr. Todd Tavares has become increasingly irrational ever since childhood.