[Rhodes22-list] Tiller-Outboard Interconnect question

Lee Kuhn lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:47:33 EST 2022

1.  As usual, great advice from the list.
2.  Based on its size, weight, big rudder, and centerboard; our boats turn
on a dime with or without the tiller link.  However, I loved it on my old
boat.  It just makes it so much easier to steer the motor when it's
connected to the tiller.
3.  Second however, my old boat had the 9.9hp Mercury.  Stan and his crew
tried to connect the tiller link to my 6hp Tohatsu and just couldn't get it
to work.  No matter the adjustment the motor wouldn't align with the rudder
and would spin too much to the side.  Apparently they have had the same
problem with other small motors.

Lee
1999 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Claytor Lake, VA