[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Pump Questions

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:12:23 EST 2022

I've been fortunate to have a dry bilge, but I added battery operated water
alarms (designed to be used in sumps in basements) to my bilge and
lazarette so I'll be alerted if there's a problem.  The alarm is loud so
anyone near the dock would be aware if there's a problem and need to get
into the boat to check it out.  My slip neighbors know how to get into my
boat if they see a problem that needs to be addressed quickly.  Like Peter
and others, I don't have the carpet on the sole either so I can easily
access the bilge.  I covered the plywood with stick on vinyl faux wood
flooring and it turned out nicely.  It's also easy to replace a panel if
needed.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr