[Rhodes22-list] 12' Boat/ Whisker Pole

Jeff Smith Photo jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:54:15 EST 2022

Last Spring I built a combination Boat Pole/ Whisker Pole Combo that is
stored upright in front of the mast.  I fiberglassed a carabiner in one end
and a boat pole tip into the other. When used as a whisker pole the boat
pole tip is inserted into the clew of the 135% genoa and the carabiner end
clips on to a bale on the mast.
<https://www.jeffsmithphoto.net/Boats/Whisker-Boat-Pole/n-WnpmmF/>.
To store, the carabiner end slides up on the mast secured by a large bale
that was a part of the mast raising system and the boat pole end rests in
the lower mast bale. There are two pieces of swim tubes attached to prevent
rattling. The outer yellow pole was wrapped in blue 3M electrical tape to
match the color scheme of Radiant.
https://www.truevalue.com/6-to-12-ft-fiberglass-extension-pole

Best regards,
Jeff Smith