[Rhodes22-list] Cracked CB cap try 2

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Wed Jul 6 09:04:26 EDT 2022

That’s not a bad crack ( mine was worse)  and I would suggest that when you pull the boat, you can fix it without removing the cap.
If your  retrieving pendant is working and you have not other reason to remove the cap - don’t.
Give it a couple of days to dry. Use painters tape to tape over the bolts and fix it with epoxy and a piece of fiberglass cloth.
I recommend the repair extend about 16” back from the forward edge to reinforce the top of the cap where it is most vulnerable.
 Use thick glass cloth or two layers.
Good luck
Sail-on
Ric