[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard Pendant Questions

Jeff Kantor canusmajor54 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:54:04 EDT 2022

This is a quote from Premium Ropes, just one of a great many sources for
Dyneema products.  It describes it much better than I can:
Premiumropes offers a wide range of ropes made of Dyneema® fibres. Dyneema® is
also known with its chemical name HMPE (High Modulus Polyethylene).
Dyneema® has
revolutionised ropes for sailing. Halyards, sheets and control ropes can be
made quite thinner compared to polyester only ropes. Also these ropes are
very easy to splice and taper. Singlebraid ropes of Dyneema® fibres can
often replace wire rope and stainless steel products. For example with soft
shackles and steel leads. Dyneema® sheets and halyards were first only used
by regatta sailors, but have quickly became popular with performance
sailors too. In order to protect ropes at specific places from chafing, we
also sell separate Dyneema® covers (D-Cover). Premiumropes can splice,
taper and custom make these ropes for your sailboat and purpose.