[Rhodes22-list] Foam Decking?

Linda Scott lscott02 at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 8 14:17:36 EDT 2022

Bob,

I installed EVA foam material to the cockpit floor of our 2010 Rhodes 22.  It’s 3 mm thick, with an adhesive backing, 28 5/8” wide x 54 3/8” long—custom cut by the manufacturer. That covers the existing textured area in the fiberglass of the floor.  I provided templates to the manufacturer, SeaDek, for the floor and for the seats.  They should still have the drawings, dated 3-29-2011.  We did not order foam for the seats, which would have been 20 mmm thick.

We really like it for the padding it provides when we’re kneeling on the floor and for the extra traction when the boat heels.

If there is a downside to the product it’s that dirt really clings to the pad.  But the product is still in excellent shape.  If it ever wears out, I’ll order it again.

Steve.
Granville, OH