[Rhodes22-list] Report on project to remove and refinish my diamond board

John Carlson john_carlson at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 12:42:57 EDT 2022

Way back in April, 2019 I requested help from the list on trouble I was having with my diamond board. I received a lot of great feedback and promised to share details. This was one part of a larger project that kept the boat out of the water for a couple of years. I took pictures along the way and have written up a short report on the centerboard and interior work:

http://lillipellilabs.com/files/centerboard-removal-2019.pdf <http://lillipellilabs.com/files/centerboard-removal-2019.pdf>

There are lots of pictures -- maybe too many. Please consider this "version 1". I'm sure that there are errors and omissions, which I'll try to fix as they surface. I just wanted to put it into the Rhodiesphere quickly, given the list members struggling with centerboards now. The boat is very obviously in my driveway, but I just realized I should add a disclaimer to not attempt what I did with the boat in the water (unless you fancy owning a Rhodes submarine).

John.

--
John Carlson
S/V Lillipelli (2004/2012)