[Rhodes22-list] New mast needed in New England (with photos)...

Tony Jonaitis urchinn at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 13:54:03 EDT 2022

Looking for a Rhodes 22 mast in New England...prefer the in-mast-furling mast! Our newly acquired Rhodes purchase is riddled with problems...and we are freaking out. Get rid of it, or muddle through somehow! Damn! Anyway, you can see the damage the spreaders have caused to the mast. Some folks say weld aluminum patches on to the mast, and drill a new hole for the spreaders. Some say that would not work. Any thoughts/opinions/sarcasm is welcome. We are really feeling defeated, and my wife is in tears. Our first-ever sailboat is a lemon, it seems. Now we have to figure out what to do with this lemon....LikeCommentShare