[Rhodes22-list] Photos of the "bad mast!"

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 17:00:36 EDT 2022

It appears to be the IMF mast.
We can wait for Roger to respond, but if that happened to my mast, here is
what I would do.
After taking measurements to get the spreader positions recorded, I would
remove the main sail and furling tube assembly. Remove the spreader
brackets. I'm do not have an IMF mast but the spreader brackets aren't
through bolted through the mast from side to side like some older standard
masts I've seen.

Then contact a local machine shop or welding shop. Have the damaged areas
cut out or cleaned up. Stop drill any radiating cracks, then TIG weld them
up.
Then TIG weld 3/16ths" or 1/4" plates over the damaged areas/holes, and
remount the spreader brackets. Survey how you'll remount the brackets
before the welding though.

Just my thoughts.

Todd T.