[Rhodes22-list] New Main Sheet Traveller

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Mon Jun 27 12:35:18 EDT 2022

Hi Rodney
Received our check today for the Delrin Traveler Bar Ends I sent you - many thanks.
Let me know how it works out - I must say - I love mine and use them every time my wife gets on the boat from the beach - I pull the pin and swing the traveller out of the way - or take it off.
If I use the swim ladder, I swing the traveller out of the way first as well.
It also swings out of the way while  I’m operating the outboard, which I usually do with the rudder in the up position - whenever I'm backing up to the beach or in the shallows.
Rhodies remember - the Centerboard and Rudder are vulnerable to damage while backing up (intentionally or unintentionally).
Always fully raise the CB while backing up in shallow water, launching or tied up.
Ric
Dadventure
Hampton Bays, NY
PS
Here is a pic of what might happen  when you launch with the Center Board control line unsecured which allows the CB  to drop.
I successfully retrieved  the boat in the fall of 2021, then relaunched to one the boat forward on the trailer,  my helper had released the “redline like I asked him to,  but he released the CB line instead of the jib fuller line (also red) and I didn’t realize it. As this happened the boat over forward on its own. I was thrilled.
I didn’t notice that the boat had sunk onto its trailer and filled with water to a few inches above the cabin sole  until I pulled it back out and noticed water pouring out of the CB trunk.
What a mess.! I ordered a new CB cap from Stan and I made the repairs myself.

Richard F. Stott, AIA, LEED AP
ric at stottarchitecture.com
O -631-283-1777
C- 516-965-3164