[Rhodes22-list] Outboard shaft length

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:11:21 EST 2022

I used a short shaft, air cooled Briggs and Straton outboard on my '87
Rhodes with the standard multiple pulley assisted engine mount.  I was able
to lower the mount plate by 3" leaving me only 2" short of where the 20"
long shaft would ride.  When carrying guests, 3 people would sit on the
port side while motoring to keep the prop comfortably in the water.  It
worked for several years until the boat was lost in a hurricane in 2011.

I did get picked on at my club as it sounded like a lawn mower.

*Thanks and Stay Well,*

*Stephen Staum*
*s/v Pinafore*

*Needham, MA*