[Rhodes22-list] Question on boom attachment point for vang

RODNEY BROWN rnelson204 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:11:44 EST 2022

Good evening everyone, looking for some input on installing the boom bail for my the new boom vang, specifically how fare back from the mast is ideal?

Also wanted to give a shout out to Jay Friedland who I met through the FB group, he sent me some pics of his set up, and I had sail maker in Tulsa fabricate some similar straps in the picture. They’ll be attached to each side of anchor stepping plate on the through bolt.  It will all be topped with a Harken 4:1 40mm Carbo boom vang system .

Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts.