[Rhodes22-list] Zephyr - Fall 2021 / Spring 2022 projects

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:58:14 EST 2022

Hi Rodney, it's my understanding that R22s came in both versions that have
a traditional marine head and those that have a porta-potty (sometimes
called a cassette toilet).  Mine is the kind with the cassette toilet,
which I assume came from the factory that way.  I think mine is a Dometic
brand which is used for campervans in addition to boats.  I did add some
tie downs to keep it extra secure since it can be top heavy when it is
filled with clean water to flush with and the bottom portion is still empty
- I guess you could call that "fresh" mode.  I did end up adding
another shelf (above the existing shelf that came from the factory) in
order to take advantage of some of the space.  The bulkhead and floor is
the way it came from the factory, though I've mounted a number of things on
both sides of the bulkhead. I hope that provides some context.  There are a
lot of R22 owners on this list with a lot more knowledge and history than I
have, so if you have more specific questions about the different head
options they could probably provide more detail.

Jesse