[Rhodes22-list] Block Identification ?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Wed Mar 9 11:02:28 EST 2022

Jim,

It looks to me like that's a block for your jib sheet.  It mounts on a rail attached to the gunnel outboard of the jib sheet winch.  Naturally, you need two: port and starboard.

It certainly looks well used, but if you have two and they still basically work, I wouldn't put replacing them at the top of my to-do list.

When you do replace them, there's no need to match the current brand or even the current style. You mostly need to be sure the replacements will fit the track you have (probably 1").

Oh, and you don't need these to step the mast.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2013)