[Rhodes22-list] Washing the Cockpit Cushions

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun May 1 21:59:59 EDT 2022

If they are the original cockpit cushions they are most likely Phifertex
over closed cell foam. The cushions should be zippered so you can get
the covers off.

You could try mild soap and water and a soft scrub brush. If that
doesn't work, I seem to remember Rose Spitzer cleaning cushion covers
with a bleach mixture and a garden hose.

I found a couple of items with a Google search that might help.
https://www.trivantage.com/itemfiles/pdfs/cleaning/AwnTex_Cleaning.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMpUZhodOiw

Don't leave any cleaner on the vinyl meash for a long period of time and
try not to use any petroleum product. You don't want to soften the vinyl.

Best of luck,
Mary Lou