[Rhodes22-list] Lasy jacks

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Fri May 13 22:25:59 EDT 2022

For those with the conventional rig, you might be interested in the arrangements of sail bag and lazy jacks that I installed on my 76 Rhodes.

While this arrangement will not likely help you win races, it has turned out to be a very convenient way to raise, lower and store the mainsail. I have attached a picture.

The sail just drops into the bag when lowered and the cover zips up easily. I no longer have to struggle with sail management. It has many, not all,  of the benefits of the IMF with none of the complications or cost.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario