[Rhodes22-list] Size of Centerboard hole

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 12:12:04 EDT 2022

Chuy, and others,

The pivot pin hole as others have said should be a snug fit. It must be
pulled and measured as it has changed over the years. Earlier boats made in
the late 1970's like Roger's boat, and my first two Rhodes 22s had a half
inch diameter pin or bolt.
Newer boats had a much larger diameter pin. I have never measured the pin
in my present boat (a 1984) but it's much larger...closer to an inch or
more.
There is at least one Rhodie that should know because he machined a new one
on his machinists lathe, but I can't remember who or when.

You'll have to remove the center board, repair the holes if necessary sized
to any new pin you make.
I can search my picture files tonight to see if I can find that picture and
see if the date it was created is in the file's properties. At least that
will give a good starting date for searching the archives.

Todd T.