[Rhodes22-list] Attaching the centerboard housing cap

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:02:04 EDT 2022

Graham, thanks for the tip but the holes in my gasket are just snug enough
so that I have to screw the bolts in. They won't just push through, so I
don't think I could get them in from below. If I thought I'd be doing this
much more I'd drill out the gasket holes a bit and then I could use
your method for sure. It certainly is a challenge to get the washer on and
then thread the nut on, especially on the ones at the back. And I'm using
nylock nuts so you can only finger-tighten them a few turns. Then I get a
box wrench on the nut below and use the ratchet on top. I haven't tried the
drill torque clutch because some of them require more torque because of
some of the gasket holes being so tight that it messes with the needed
torque — and I want to be careful not to over tighten them so I baby each
one carefully by hand. Definitely not something I want to do every day!!

Slim
Fandango