[Rhodes22-list] ports

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon May 16 23:40:06 EDT 2022

Hi Graham,

In the archives is a story about how I swapped out one of the fixed ports for an opening port on each side of the doghouse.  It turns out; that, the curvature of the doghouse is minimal at the stern most port position.  Beckson makes an opening port that is the same size and similar in appearance to the OEM factory stock fixed port.  So, the swap is pretty cheap and easy.  The doghouse has too much curvature at the middle and forward port positions to allow for opening ports at those locations.  You could also install the two of the same Beckson ports on the front of your doghouse.  At anchor, the two front ports really let in a lot of air.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone