[Rhodes22-list] Pop too hard enclosure

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue May 17 07:59:22 EDT 2022

Hi Jeff, Peter, & Patrick,

Peter is correct about just keeping out rain when the boat is not moving.  However, if you trailer your boat in the rain &/or ever take green water over the deck while sailing; then, you will find the raised lip around the pop top will not be enough.  Patrick is correct about the adhesive backed closed cell foam tape adhered to the top and bottom edge.  This foam-to-foam seal will keep out all but the most driving rain, even at expressway speeds.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium