[Rhodes22-list] Rolling furlers from other companies

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:10:00 EDT 2022

Tony,

Assuming you are talking about the headsail furler and not the IMF
mainsail, General Boats made a solid round tube aluminum furler. It had one
or two round plates at the bottom to create an open drum. The Genoa has a
sleeve along the leading edge which is slipped down over the furling tube
and secured to the aluminum tube with screws and formed fender washers.

Later on, the boats came with CDI brand furlers which have a plastic or
composite extruded luff foil. The sail slides in a groove in the luff foil.
I do not know what GB is putting on new(er) models.

Which type do you have?
Where are you located; because the solid furler is really not slippage.

Todd T.