[Rhodes22-list] Removing Gas from Fuel Line

Lee Kuhn lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:11:30 EST 2022

What's the easiest way to remove gas from the fuel hose?  The hose has a
ball spring valve at both ends.  I was told not to push the valve open with
some type of tool because I could damage the valve.

I disconnected the tank and put it in the lazarette and then reran the hose
into the lazarette and reconnected the hose to the tank which opened the
valve on that end.  I then disconnected the hose from the outboard and
held it up as high as I could (gravity) and squeezed the primer.  The
primer pumps gas in the opposite direction than I wanted but if you squeeze
it hard and slow the gas will eventually drain into the tank.

Seems like there must be a better way.  The gas was ethanol-free with a
stabilizer.  Should I just leave it in the hose and hope I won't have any
problems starting the outboard in the Spring?

Lee
1999 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Claytor Lake, VA