[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard thumping

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:27:16 EDT 2022

You have to remove the settee and the support that straddles the the keel trunk. If you look at my sub-floor, you'll see that there's a center section that that will come out without removing the entire floor which is a pain  The settee is not as much of a problem as it looks.Joe DempseyS/V RespiteDeltaville, VASent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Matt Wilson <mwhornblower at gmail.com> Date: 10/3/22  10:02 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Centerboard thumping Thanks Peter and Roger.  Pulling the cap off requires removing the floorand cabin step, correct?On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 8:23 PM Peter Nyberg <peter at sunnybeeches.com> wrote:> Matt,>> On the one hand, your misadventure obviously changed something, so there's> reason for concern.  On the other hand, my centerboard thunks often, and> always has, and I don't really worry about it.>> If it were me, I'd probably pull the cap off and have a look.  But then> I've always wondered what was under there.>> --Peter>> > On 2022-10-03, at 17:17:31 EDT, Matt Wilson wrote:> >> > Hello Rhodes Experts,> >> > You all are so helpful to us newbies.> >> > Earlier this season I accidentally left the centerboard a little bit> down and> > ended putting sideways pressure on it in shallow water.  It caused a> slight> > cracking of the cap of the trunk and a slight leak.  The leak has> virtually> > stopped and should be taken care of by minor fiberglass of the cap.> But, now I> > hear a thumping noise from the bottom of the boat when the centerboard> is down> > and the sideways pressure changes on the centerboard. Is that something> to be> > concerned about?  The centerboard seems to be going up and down fairly> smoothly> > still.> >> > Thanks for your help as always!> > Matt Wilson> > Hornblower II> > White Bear Lake MN> >>>