[Rhodes22-list] Rub rail problem

Reuben Mezrich reuben.mezrich at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:23:31 EDT 2022

During Hurricane Ian all the water In our little harbor in Sarasota ran out as the storm approached and then returned as the storm passed, but we had no real surge. As the boat made its journey down to the mud and then back up again it appears the rub rail (or at least the red part that stands proud of the bulk of the rub rail caught on a fender and popped out of it’s fitting. When I got back to the boat only a few feet at the bow and the stern on the starboard side was still attached.
Following the instructions on the Taco website (Taco makes the rub rail that Stan uses) I managed to get most of it attached, except about 3 inches in the middle. The rest of the rub rail, all the way around the boat is attached nicely and there is no slippage. I assume the rubber stretched
So what to do?  Would heat help or hurt?  I suppose I could cut off a bit, but I think that’s a last resort
Any thoughts?
Reuben