[Rhodes22-list] Buying sails online...

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 13:07:40 EDT 2022

I have gotten 2 genoas & a main sail from Doyle in East Greenwich, RI. They
were definitely made on site. He even added a luff pad to my Genoa while I
waited!  The last sail was probably 4 or 5 years ago. The IMF Main cost
$600 & the 130 Genoa was $1,300. Service was excellent. They even repaired
a tear in the Genoa early in its 2nd season at no charge!  The tear was not
their fault but from abrasion. I am very pleased with their quality &
service.

Stephen Staum
s/v Pinafore
Needham, MA

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 3:31 PM Peter Nyberg <peter at sunnybeeches.com> wrote:

> I had a similar experience when I tried to contact several Doyle lofts
> that were relatively close to me.  I finally got a quick response when I
> reached out to the Salem, MA loft.  My contact at the time was Chris
> Howes.  The website shows that he is still there.  Email is
> chowes at doylesails.com.
>
> I ordered a 130% genoa and a UPS.  I never specifically asked, but my
> impression was they were made in Salem.  The labels do not say 'Barbados'
> on them.
>
> Peter Nyberg
> Coventry, CT
> s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)
>
> > On 2022-09-02, at 14:18:14 EDT, jpd9668 wrote:
> >
> > How did you order from Doyle? I get bombarded with emails from them but
> when I
> > ask for a quote, NO REPLY...CRICKETS!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G,
> an
> > AT&T 5G smartphone
> >

> --
Thanks and Stay Well,