[Rhodes22-list] Looks like I bought a Rhodes.

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 14:56:28 EST 2023

Hi all,  Well it seems that I've gone and purchased a 1986 Rhodes 22!  Consider this the first in a series of pleas for help and information that I expect will continue for a least the foreseeable future and quite likely well beyond.  I'm a fairly green sailor and purchased my Rhodes based on research and reputation, I have not even sailed in one (perhaps I'm a bit impulsive also).  At any rate, I'm in the process of title transfer and registration and have not yet taken possession of the boat.  I do however have the shrouds, at least two of which require replacement, which I'll take care of soon.
    Interestingly, the spreaders which I have are of different lengths by a couple of inches.  Is that normal? On which side does the shorter spreader belong?  Also as I'm getting the boat with all the stays removed, does anyone have a diagram of which shroud attaches to which chainplate?  I have the manual from the "Documents" section, and it maybe obvious once I start putting it all together, but a picture is worth a thousand words if there is one to be had.   Lastly, unfortunately this boat does not come with the mast raising system, so I'd love to know if anyone has any info re:  alternate mast raising methods, perhaps gin pole and trailer winch, or the like.
Thanks,
   Peter Beckerman  s/v name pending