[Rhodes22-list] IMF Mast and Sail

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 08:57:58 EST 2023

Peter,

I recovered the mast from my '87 Rhodes 22 (Carol Lee) and installed it on
my '83 (Carol Lee 2) replacing the conventional main.  I had all new
shrouds made as I was demasted in salt water using the shrouds from the '87
as the template.  I had to do a little modification on 1 shroud since the
boats are not perfectly identical.  I had Doyle in East Greenwich, RI make
me a new mainsail which cost $600 back in 2016.  It had no battens as my
original was used for a pattern.  The older IMF sails had no battens.  Even
the new mainsail I got from Stan in 2021 with the replacement mast for the
Pinafore (it was bent in a marina launch accident) has no battens.
Feel free to contact me off list if you want to discuss any aspect of the
conversion.  Give me your number and I will call you.
Happy New Year to all,

*Thanks and Stay Well,*

*Stephen Staum*

*s/v Pinafore*