[Rhodes22-list] Inie or Outie

jpd9668 jpd9668 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:33:45 EDT 2023

Roger, I couldn't get my fingers and thumb to work the tiny cutters on the lower turnbuckle, much less get underneath the shroud tangs and with maybe 1inch clearance from the mast!Joe DempseyEx-Rhodes 22s/v RespiteTrojan 42m/v VoyageRDeltaville, VASent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: ROGER PIHLAJA <roger_pihlaja at msn.com> Date: 3/27/23  5:30 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Inie or Outie Cary,To reduce the chances of snagging a sail, sheet, or halyard on a cotter pin, they should all face inward toward the mast.  Actually, I like to use the circular split rings in this application to virtually eliminate the possibility of a snag.Roger PihlajaS/V Dynamic EquilibriumSent from my iPhone> On Mar 27, 2023, at 2:06 PM, Cary Tolbert <retiredtoby at gmail.com> wrote:> > My first question of the 2023 sailing season. The spreader ,where it> connects to the mast, has pins that hold the forward and aft shrouds to the> spreader hardware. Some cotter pins are facing toward the mast and some are> facing out toward the spreader tips. Does it matter?  IS THERE A PREFERENCE?> > Cary> S/V Whisper 86> Claytor Lake VA