[Rhodes22-list] IMF Problem

Michael Meltzer rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:14:47 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_015B_01C23EE5.F394BFC0

you need to get the plate back down, make sure the line is one the =
foward part of the cleat and the mast carry is holding the mast up. if =
the mast is to far down it puts alot of prussure on that plate. The =
screew are in "shere", I would check with stan, but drilling the plate =
for the next 2 screew sizes up and using 5200 should fit it.

MJM
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: CarolN8@aol.com=20
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 11:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] IMF Problem

  Bill,

  What you describe about the plastic inside the mast being off or =
broken makes sense. I can tell the pole is not where it is supposed to =
be unless the block is on the deck (which pushes the pole to where it =
needs to be).  I'm never insulted by questions. I was having major =
problem with the sail while sailing but waited until today to check it =
while there was no wind at the dock. The sail seems to move quite easily =
if the pole is in the right place.

  Didn't want to hear that I have to take down the mast to fix it. This =
raises another question. After I put the mast up with the mast hoist at =
the beginning of the season, the plate on the deck that holds the mast =
hoist pin lifted off the deck! All the stays were already attached when =
this happened so I wasn't sure how dangerous it was for the mast raising =
since the deck plate seems to be a pivot point and not a weight bearing =
point. I called Stan about this and still need to email him for the =
replacement parts. Do you think it would be too dangerous to lower the =
mast if the plate isn't permanently fixed to the deck?

  Carol=20

------=_NextPart_000_015B_01C23EE5.F394BFC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you need to get the plate back down, =
make sure the=20
line is one the foward part of the cleat and the mast carry is holding =
the mast=20
up. if the mast is to far down it puts alot of prussure on that plate. =
The=20
screew are in "shere", I would check with stan, but drilling&nbsp;the =
plate for=20
the next 2 screew sizes up and using 5200 should fit it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MJM</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DCarolN8@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:CarolN8@aol.com">CarolN8@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Drhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</A>=
 </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 07, =
2002 11:55=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Rhodes22-list] =
IMF=20
  Problem</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Bill,<BR><BR>What you describe about the plastic =
inside the=20
  mast being off or broken makes sense. I can tell the pole is not where =
it is=20
  supposed to be unless the block is on the deck (which pushes the pole =
to where=20
  it needs to be).&nbsp; I'm never insulted by questions. I was having =
major=20
  problem with the sail while sailing but waited until today to check it =
while=20
  there was no wind at the dock. The sail seems to move quite easily if =
the pole=20
  is in the right place.<BR><BR>Didn't want to hear that I have to take =
down the=20
  mast to fix it. This raises another question. After I put the mast up =
with the=20
  mast hoist at the beginning of the season, the plate on the deck that =
holds=20
  the mast hoist pin lifted off the deck! All the stays were already =
attached=20
  when this happened so I wasn't sure how dangerous it was for the mast =
raising=20
  since the deck plate seems to be a pivot point and not a weight =
bearing point.=20
  I called Stan about this and still need to email him for the =
replacement=20
  parts. Do you think it would be too dangerous to lower the mast if the =
plate=20
  isn't permanently fixed to the deck?<BR><BR>Carol</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_015B_01C23EE5.F394BFC0--