[Rhodes22-list] Re: Visiting K-Lake

Bob Weber rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:10:35 -0500

Anne, I did have a great time.  I looked around for the s2 and saw a couple
of guys on it.  I said Hi and couldnt for the life of me remember John's
name.  I looked a little later in case Lisa was on board, that name stuck in
my head, and the boat was empty.  I had to rule out crewing on saturday
since the group wanted to get on the pontoon at 8:30 am. and I was the only
one who could, would, drive the thing.  I did take a colgate out on friday.
8-10 kts out of the south w/ rain.  You would be amazed at how many weinies
you can get in the cabin of the colgate.  Once the rain stopped so did the
wind.  The kids got to do what they came out for - swim.  2 more hours of
"cant we go faster", "why dont we turn on the motor",  "Isnt the marina
behind us" I pulled in 45 mins early :(  Oh well, I learned to stop
encluding everyone in an activity that is not for everyone - especially
those with short attention spans or afraid of water. I really liked the lake
and my wife and I are considering moving the boat from carlyle to K-lake.
It is about a 3 hour drive - we will start looking at our current usage it
see if that would work.  Sorry I missed you, maby in September.  Bob