[Rhodes22-list] RE: KLake

ellner rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:33:07 -0500

--=====================_781338218==_.ALT

Doug:  Glad to hear from you-----OHIO was 'conspicuously absent' from the
list of states attending.......Besides, you really do want to have
"Fretnaught 2002" engraved on the spittoon also!!  (and all of us want to
see you and Robin; but especially Dylan!!!)   mary & rod  Toy BlewAt 10:00
AM 8/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Just to let you folks know: Robin, Dylan and I are still trying to swing
>the K lake trip.  I'll let you know as soon as I'm sure enough to make
>reservations. (Gee... I hope we can still get a cabin :^0
>
>Also:  WE HAVE A SPITZER CUP!!!
>
>I found the perfect one last night.  I still need to find a place to
>engrave it, but at least we have the vessel itself.
>
>It is exactly what I wanted.  It is expertly crafted in brass and
>copper.  The lower hemisphere is made of brass, and the upper hemisphere
>is bright copper.  On the upper portion of the upper hemisphere, there is
>an opening surrounded by a large brass funnel-like structure.
>
>My vision is to have the top portion of the funnel inscribed with:
>Spitzer Cup Invitational
>Rhodes 22
>

>On the copper portion, the winning boat from each year will have the boat
>name and year inscribed. Currently, that will be one boat:
>Fretnaught 2001
>
>The champion will have custody of this sacred relic for one-year. After
>which, the challenge will be laid and the champion must defend the title
>or relinquish custody.  May the powers of wind and water protect all
>contenders!
>
>--Doug
>s/v Fretnaught

--=====================_781338218==_.ALT

Doug:&nbsp; Glad to hear from you-----OHIO was 'conspicuously absent'
from the list of states attending.......Besides, you really do want to
have &quot;Fretnaught 2002&quot; engraved on the spittoon also!!&nbsp;
(and all of us want to see you and Robin; but especially
Dylan!!!)&nbsp;&nbsp; mary &amp; rod&nbsp; Toy BlewAt 10:00 AM 8/30/2002
-0400, you wrote:<br>
to let you folks know: Robin, Dylan and I are still trying to swing the K
lake trip.&nbsp; I'll let you know as soon as I'm sure enough to make
reservations. (Gee... I hope we can still get a cabin :^0</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
CUP!!! </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
night.&nbsp; I still need to find a place to engrave it, but at least we
have the vessel itself.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
wanted.&nbsp; It is expertly crafted in brass and copper.&nbsp; The lower
hemisphere is made of brass, and the upper hemisphere is bright
copper.&nbsp; On the upper portion of the upper hemisphere, there is an
opening surrounded by a large brass funnel-like structure.&nbsp;
&nbsp;<br>
portion of the funnel inscribed with:</font><br>
Invitational</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
winning boat from each year will have the boat name and year inscribed.
Currently, that will be one boat:</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
custody of this sacred relic for one-year. After which, the challenge
will be laid and the champion must defend the title or relinquish
custody.&nbsp; May the powers of wind and water protect all
contenders!</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>