[Rhodes22-list] Fw: [rhodes-list] Is it a Rhodes, or is it Memorex?

Toad the Wet Sprocket rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:58:31 -0400

<P>I plan to open everything up on this boat.&nbsp; I am going to get an extensive parts "want list" then drive to GB to get all I can.<BR><BR>Todd</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV>Please respond to <A href="mailto:sprocket80@hotmail.com">sprocket80@hotmail.com</A></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: "Michael Meltzer" <MJM@MICHAELMELTZER.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>To: <RHODES22-LIST@RHODES22.ORG>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Fw: [rhodes-list] Is it a Rhodes, or is it Memorex?
<DIV></DIV>Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:16:43 -0400
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I am sure what that is, it about the right hight for the pin(maybe a little to high), never seen it before, might be a repair patch of some sort, I e. the pin got forced thought the glass. I always seen the access done thought the cabin. but you boat is old enought that thier where still "expermenting". If you are going to openup the centerboard to paint and replace(tube, line, seal, etc) take a close look and think about glassing it over for a proper repair.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>MJM
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From: Michael Meltzer
<DIV></DIV>To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 9:05 AM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Fw: [rhodes-list] Is it a Rhodes, or is it Memorex?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From: Toad the Wet Sprocket
<DIV></DIV>To: rhodes-list@sailnet.net
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 1:01 AM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: [rhodes-list] Is it a Rhodes, or is it Memorex?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>More newbie questions:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Now the Rhodes 22 is supposed to have a "centerboard" that drops down and not a swing keel that well....swings right? Is it really a board that swings and is called a "centerboard" and not a "swing keel" because it offers no ballast weight? Am I just being confused by terminology? Or do I have a hybrid? I have attached a pic of my hull with the board partially exposed. Is this what everyone's looks like? Can anyone hit in the head with a brick so I get it??
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Also, Roger, You gave me an excellent description of the holes drilled in the lower mast track for pin stops for the pop-top and goose neck. My boat only has one hole at 24'' from the bottom. Can you give me the heights of the other three holes?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Todd aka "Sprocket"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Please respond to sprocket80@hotmail.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>--
<DIV></DIV>---------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>** 6 of 187 list members have joined SailPerks **
<DIV></DIV>SailPerks save you money while supporting this List.
<DIV></DIV>Visit http://www.sailnet.com/sailperks/ for details.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Check out the Summer Clearance Sale at SailNet!
<DIV></DIV>Hundreds of items from autopilots to solar vents
<DIV></DIV>are on sale for one week only.
<DIV></DIV>http://www.sailnet.com/store/selectlist.cfm?list_id=112
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>The rhodes-list is brought to you by SailNet, Where Sailors Get It!