[Rhodes22-list] Rush Limbaugh

Bill Effros rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:49:51 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C2354A.924A7380

Michael,

Rush Limbaugh wrote the top part of the article attributed to him on =
March, 11, 2002, but he didn't write the bottom part from the Adlai =
Stevenson quote to the end.  The facts in that part are wrong.

With regard to what he actually wrote, I understand his point, but it's =
a cheap shot.  I don't think he wants to raise taxes so we can increase =
compensation to military people, so he must be criticizing the =
individuals who contributed and the families of the victims. That's none =
of his business.  If he thinks military people should receive more =
compensation why doesn't he donate to that cause.  Or encourage his =
listeners to do so.

Do you know his views on the vast differences in compensation between =
talk show hosts and commentators on Armed Forces Radio? =20

Bill Effros
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Meltzer=20
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 11:56 AM
  Subject: [Rhodes22-list] jokes

  by Rush Limbaugh, March 11, 2002

  I think the vast differences in compensation between the
  victims of the September 11th casualty, and those who die
  serving the country in uniform, are profound.

  No one is really talking about it either, because you just
  don't criticize anything having to do with September 11th.
  Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says
  something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality
  of this country.

  If you lost a family member in the September 11th attack,
  you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a
  minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7
  million.

  If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier
  killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct
  death benefit, half of which is taxable. Next, you get
  $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse,
  you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a
  payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the
  child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

  Keep in mind that some of the people that are getting an
  average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining
  that it's not enough.

  We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims
  from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization
  asking for the same deal that the September 11th families
  are getting.

  In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in
  the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

  (Mumf query: I'm just waiting to see how the Native
  Americans will work this angle to ensure monies for the
  their "reservations" -- what do you think? more slot
  machines? Maybe we can work it so that, if a family member
  that died is black, then we can double their "entitlement"
  because if it weren't for their slave ancestors, they
  wouldn't have been in that building, instead they'd be
  enjoying life in Somalia or Ethiopia!)

  You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part
  and parcel of over fifty years of entitlement politics in
  this country. It's just really sad.

  "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion
  but the tranquil and steady dedication of a
  lifetime." -Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

  Every time when a pay raise comes up for the military they
  usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green
  machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families
  have to survive on food stamps and live in low rent housing.

  However our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise,
  and many of you don't know that they only have to be in
  Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than
  $15,000 per month and most are now equal to be millionaires
  plus. They also do not receive Social Security on retirement
  because they didn't have to pay into the system.

  If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get
  out as an E-7 you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month,
  and the very people who placed you in harms way receive a
  pension of $15,000 per month.

  I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon
  and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and
  lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now
  fighting. "When do we finally do something about this??"

  - submitted by Jay Pocius

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C2354A.924A7380

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Michael,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Rush Limbaugh wrote the top part of the article =
attributed=20
to him on March, 11, 2002, but he didn't write the bottom part from the =
Adlai=20
Stevenson quote to the end.&nbsp; The facts in that part are =
wrong.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>With regard to what he actually wrote, I =
understand his=20
point, but it's a cheap shot.&nbsp; I don't think he wants to raise =
taxes so we=20
can increase compensation to military people, so he must be =
criticizing&nbsp;the=20
individuals who contributed and the families of the victims.&nbsp;That's =
none of=20
his business.&nbsp; If he thinks military people should receive more=20
compensation why doesn't he donate to that cause.&nbsp; Or encourage his =

listeners to do so.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Do you know his views on the vast differences in =

compensation between talk show hosts and commentators on Armed Forces=20
Radio?&nbsp; </FONT><FONT face=3DArial></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Bill Effros</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dmjm@michaelmeltzer.com =
href=3D"mailto:mjm@michaelmeltzer.com">Michael=20
  Meltzer</A> </DIV>
title=3Drhodes22-list@rhodes22.org=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org">rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org</A>=
 </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 25, 2002 =
11:56=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Rhodes22-list] =
jokes</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>by Rush Limbaugh, March 11, 2002<BR><BR>I think the vast =
differences in=20
  compensation between the<BR>victims of the September 11th casualty, =
and those=20
  who die<BR>serving the country in uniform, are profound.<BR><BR>No one =
is=20
  really talking about it either, because you just<BR>don't criticize =
anything=20
  having to do with September 11th.<BR>Well, I just can't let the =
numbers pass=20
  by because it says<BR>something really disturbing about the =
entitlement=20
  mentality<BR>of this country.<BR><BR>If you lost a family member in =
the=20
  September 11th attack,<BR>you're going to get an average of =
$1,185,000. The=20
  range is a<BR>minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to=20
  $4.7<BR>million.<BR><BR>If you are a surviving family member of an =
American=20
  soldier<BR>killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000=20
  direct<BR>death benefit, half of which is taxable. Next, you =
get<BR>$1,750 for=20
  burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse,<BR>you get $833 a month =
until=20
  you remarry. And there's a<BR>payment of $211 per month for each child =
under=20
  18. When the<BR>child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching=20
  halt.<BR><BR>Keep in mind that some of the people that are getting=20
  an<BR>average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are =
complaining<BR>that=20
  it's not enough.<BR><BR>We also learned over the weekend that some of =
the=20
  victims<BR>from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an=20
  organization<BR>asking for the same deal that the September 11th=20
  families<BR>are getting.<BR><BR>In addition to that, some of the =
families of=20
  those bombed in<BR>the embassies are now asking for compensation as=20
  well.<BR><BR>(Mumf query: I'm just waiting to see how the =
Native<BR>Americans=20
  will work this angle to ensure monies for the<BR>their "reservations" =
-- what=20
  do you think? more slot<BR>machines? Maybe we can work it so that, if =
a family=20
  member<BR>that died is black, then we can double their=20
  "entitlement"<BR>because if it weren't for their slave ancestors,=20
  they<BR>wouldn't have been in that building, instead they'd =
be<BR>enjoying=20
  life in Somalia or Ethiopia!)<BR><BR>You see where this is going, =
don't you?=20
  Folks, this is part<BR>and parcel of over fifty years of entitlement =
politics=20
  in<BR>this country. It's just really sad.<BR><BR>"Patriotism is not a =
short=20
  and frenzied outburst of emotion<BR>but the tranquil and steady =
dedication of=20
  a<BR>lifetime." -Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.<BR><BR>Every time when a pay =
raise=20
  comes up for the military they<BR>usually receive next to nothing of a =
raise.=20
  Now the green<BR>machine is in combat in the Middle East while their=20
  families<BR>have to survive on food stamps and live in low rent=20
  housing.<BR><BR>However our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a=20
  raise,<BR>and many of you don't know that they only have to be =
in<BR>Congress=20
  one time to receive a pension that is more than<BR>$15,000 per month =
and most=20
  are now equal to be millionaires<BR>plus. They also do not receive =
Social=20
  Security on retirement<BR>because they didn't have to pay into the=20
  system.<BR><BR>If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and =

  get<BR>out as an E-7 you may receive a pension of $1,000 per =
month,<BR>and the=20
  very people who placed you in harms way receive a<BR>pension of =
$15,000 per=20
  month.<BR><BR>I would like to see our elected officials pick up a=20
  weapon<BR>and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits=20
  and<BR>lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are =
now<BR>fighting. "When=20
  do we finally do something about this??"<BR><BR>- submitted by Jay=20
  Pocius<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C2354A.924A7380--