[Rhodes22-list] Pop Top

Steve Alm rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 04:12:54 -0500

Roger, et al,

Well, thanks again...I did a lot of experimentation today sailing close
reaches with the pop top up and with it down. I noticed a significant
improvement with it down.  My speed picked up at least a knot and less heel
in the puffs.  We were sailing in light air under full sail---IMF/175, with
the boom in the up position.

It was a lovely day on Lake Minnetonka.  Sunny, upper 70's.  We sailed most
of the afternoon, hooked up with a friend who has a 70's Mac Ventura Newport
23 cutter--lots of brightwork, beautiful lines, dressed to the nines--sweet
boat!  Then we sailed to a shore-side joint for a late dinner and motored
home in the dark...with my newly repaired steaming light.  :-)

I think it's been about 6 months that I've been here on the list.  I sure
have picked up a lot of helpful info.

Thanks everybody,

Slim