[Rhodes22-list] second jib tracks

Paul Grandholm paul@mi.chtechnology.com
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:36:13 -0500

Rik,

     They're for whatever you want them for.  Primarily for use when
trying to point higher into the wind with your jib.  My boat (1999)
actually has three sets.  The normal ones I use outside the stays.  The
next set are on the side of the cabin, inside the uppers but still
outside the lowers and I have to reef down to about 125%, I would guess.
Then I also have the ones on the cabin top.

Paul

>Ed, do you suppose it's possible that they could work for either
>application? I have thought about using these for the jib sheets when I
>reefed way down and just assumed that this is what they were for. Haven't
>gotten a chance to try it yet though.
>
>Rik
>

>At 12:17 AM 11/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>Rik,
>>      They came with the boat and were not being used and the spinnaker
>>halyard worked fine..... I thought somebody put them there for a reason.
>>                                    Ed K

>>Use Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology