[Rhodes22-list] batteries

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:42:44 -0500

Hey Dude/Brad,

This dude stuff reminds me of "The Big Labowski" (sp?) Great Movie! Around
here dude is not unfriendly....anyway...

I went through the same thing when I got my boat last spring. I was all set
to purchase 2 Group 27 AGM batteries but got cheap and decided to get two
Group 24 batteries at Walmart. They are both deep cycle and I also use one
as a starting battery. My boat came with a dead deep cycle and a dead
starting battery but I felt a dedicated starting battery is not needed for
the way I use my boat. The most I have gone out is two nights and I always
have plenty of juice. I have a dual 10 Amp charger and I keep an eye on the
water level. It is not to much of a hassle.

I think if I treat them right I should get at least 3 years use. Then again
they may crap out next year.

Wally