[Rhodes22-list] batteries

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:55:28 -0500

Mary Lou,

Five years of battery life is pretty good, especially if you were not
checking the water regularly. I have room for two battery boxes under my
v-birth. These are the Group 24 boxes rather than the group 27; they have a
little smaller footprint and have less amp hour ratings. I think my group 24
are rated about 85 amp hours verses 100 plus for the group 27s. I also have
a little room left over to keep distilled water. I don't store much in my
boat so access is pretty easy. Previous owner had one Group 27 battery under
v-birth and a starting battery in the lazerette. I think these batteries
were about $40 a piece at Walmart. I may regret this strategy but so far so
good.

Wally