[Rhodes22-list] Electrical KISS

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:23:14 -0800 (PST)

Rik, right after I got the Honda I set it on the boat
in the bow pulpit area, pointed the exhaust forward,
and sat in the cabin with the portholes closed.  You
could feel a little vibration and almost no noise.  I
would be concerned running it with the portholes open
and no wind or wind bow to stern.  The power went out
here last month and I started it in the garage with
the door closed (I'm not that stupid, just impatient).
 It produces more exhaust than I would have guessed
for its size.  Maybe the key to its use is to find a
good way to secure it forward while in use with a
custom length cord to the AC power inlet.  Supposedly
the DC output is for battery charging and not
continous use.  The internal gas tank vent shuts off
so I don't think fumes in the lazeret would be a
problem. The biggest hazard I can think of so far is
dropping the cord in the water while its running.
Plug into the generator last and it shouldn't be a
problem.  I installed a GFC outlet in the boat and the
Honda has its own protection.  What have I forgotten?
Brad