[Rhodes22-list] Electrical KISS

Bill Effros bill@effros.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:56:38 -0500

Brad,

Have you seen Roger's Hot Water Thermos solution to the problem?  Seems a
lot simpler to me.  I've attached the pictures.

Bill Effros

----- Original Message -----
From: "brad haslett" <flybrad@yahoo.com>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 1:34 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Electrical KISS

Actually there is one high power draw application that
I'm condidering but because I haven't done the math
yet I haven't thrown it out to the list for
discussion.  My boat doesn't have a stove and there
really isn't a single one I've seen yet that fills all
the squares for me.  I'm not paranoid but I have seen
all the pictures from the early days of the DC-10
where one of our Middle Eastern friends set the
airplane on fire cooking goat on the way to Mecca.
Starting an open flame in an R-22 galley doesn't apeal
to me so here's the idea:  I need hot water about 2-3
times a day, once for coffee, maybe soup, and my
daughter's needs.  A 12v DC coffee maker would do the
trick without the need for a stove.  If I keep the use
down to 15 minutes at a time for less than 2-3 times a
day I think an extra battery would suffice.  If
someone has already done this or wants to "run the
numbers" let me know (I never pass up free math
tutoring or electrical engineering).  Brad.