[Rhodes22-list] Seaward 23 vs Rhodes22

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:26:02 -0500

George:

        When I was looking for a sailboat, the Seaward 23 was on my
list.  I have been on one on the water, but not under sail.  While it is
nice, I don't think the quality is equal.
        I was looking for a used boat and buying a used seaward was
tricky.  I decided to go the recycle route from Stan.  I bought a used
boat. Two years later, I can say that I got a sound boat that performs
well.  I paid more than you could get an equivalent boat for going the
non General Boats way, but I have been satisfied.  The old saying, you
get what you pay for.
         If you are over 50 and are not a experience sail boater, the
Rhodes22 offers several features worth getting.  The IMF - which I got
by accident - not intent.  After I got it, and used it, I said wow.
This is easy.  Then the furrowing genoa, again, wow, how easy.  Most
small boats don't readily come with these.  Stability - the Rhodes is a
very stable boat.  And, I can rig and launch and retrieve this boat by
myself.  I have done it by myself, but appreciate help when I can get
it.
          I can go on, but will cease for now,
                                                Ed K