[Rhodes22-list] Trailer re-fit

DeWald, Michael Roy DewalMR@TheLumberYard.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:16:29 -0500

My Oday 22 is on a roller trailer which appears support the boat just fine.
The weight of boat appears to be supported by the trailer under the keel and
rollers just guide the boat into place. The boat lunches and retrieves
easily and the hull appears to be just fine.  Now if it just had the
positive flotation, flared hull, large cockpit, IMF, etc....I'd be set.

Mike DeWald

-----Original Message-----
From: Kroposki [mailto:kroposki@innova.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:26 AM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Trailer re-fit

Todd:
      I saw a picture of 22 foot sailboat whose weight was over 2800 on
a trailer using 6 rollers instead of bunks.  It was a fiber glass hull.
The boat was 8 foot wide.  But the boat was in Australia.  I noticed it
because someone was asking about whether you could use a roller system
trailer for a Rhodes 22.  That boat matched us well against the R22, so
I guess you can.
                                                 Ed K