[Rhodes22-list] Heaters

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:29:22 -0500

Rik,

Brad's end of the state is a little warmer plus he will be able to warm his
hands over his microwave. I expect to see him cruising up my way next summer
with the AC running and a floating hot tub in tow. <grin>

Fall mornings do get cool down here but we still haven't had a freeze. Maybe
this weekend. I haven't needed a heater yet but we will soon if we want to
spend the night out.

Our routine is a little different, I usually get up before Jenny and prepare
and drink my coffee in the cockpit. She is not a morning person nor does she
drink coffee; she likes to sleep in that extra hour. I use my old Coleman
Stove for cooking. My boat came with the old style stove with the hard to
find fuel. Another thing I need to replace ....

Anyway your heater looks pretty nice but I was a little surprised at the
$139 price tag. I could also use it as camp heater and home emergency heater
though. Questions -Does the exterior get hot? Can you just set in on the
cabin or cockpit floor? Any safety issues?

I have heard of using a flower pot (not plastic ones) over a burner to
generate heat but I have never tried this myself. Anyone else? How well does
this work, any safety/health concerns?

Thanks,

Wally