[Rhodes22-list] Heaters

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:47:04 -0800 (PST)

Wally,

I've owned three different VW Westphalia campers and
the first two didn't have the factory gas fired
heater.  The clay flower pot over a burner worked
pretty well at keeping the chill down, it wouldn't
really keep the van toasty, per se. The interior
volume of the R-22 is probably a little smaller but
not as airtight. When I lived part time in a 32ft
Airstream I heated with electric ceramic heaters to
keep from lugging propane but at about 10 degrees, IT
WAS COLD, even with three going full blast.  So, I
whipped out the old flower pot and at least kept from
freezing within 2 ft. of the stove.  Like all
non-electric heat in a confined space, I never went to
sleep in the van or the Airstream with the burner
going.

Brad  -  PS, Hey, I like that idea of a floating hot
tub.  Wonder how much bigger a kicker I'll need to
move it?