[Rhodes22-list] Great sail

claude cox cccox@mindspring.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:12:46 -0500

Hey Rhodies;

Lost my virginity today.  Oh no, not THAT kind!  Staked my claim pretty =
convincingly for a piece of recently revealed  Lake Hartwell real =
estate.   I can no longer boast that I have never run aground.  Did it =
so well too, as if I had practiced long and hard.  Wasn't a hard =
grounding, just somewhat scary.  Managed to get the sails furled in 12 =
mph winds.  Thought I'd just back off then, but it wasn't to be until I =
realized the cb was not all the way up.  Pulled up the last two inches,  =
throttled up the 8 hp Honda mercilessly, and backed off.  Don't know how =
much clearance between the prop and the rocks below, but it wasn't much. =
=20

Prior to this unplanned-for bit of "fun," Nancy and I, and my sister had =
an absolutely fantastic sail for about 3 hours.  Had the lake virtually =
to ourselves.  Did come across the Rumster and his four-legged pal in =
their putt-putt (not 15 minutes before the grounding), out surveying =
their private sailing venue, I guess--I know who to call, now, if I need =
a tow off the sand bar.  Good to see you, Rummy.

In spite of the grounding (a learning experience), the day was great.  =
The going back to the slip, closing up the boat, and driving 2 hours =
back to Atlanta sucked, though.

Peace.          Claude

   Hey Rhodies;

   Lost my virginity today.  Oh no, = not THAT=20 kind!  Staked my claim
   pretty convincingly for a piece of recently=20 revealed  Lake Hartwell
   real estate.   I can no longer = boast that=20 I have never run
   aground.  Did it so well too, as if I had=20 practiced long and hard.
   Wasn't a hard grounding, just = somewhat=20 scary.  Managed to get the
   sails furled in 12 mph = winds.  Thought=20 I'd just back off then,
   but it wasn't to be until I realized the cb was = not all=20 the way
   up.  Pulled up the last two inches,  throttled up the = 8 hp=20 Honda
   mercilessly, and backed off.  Don't know how much = clearance=20
   between the prop and the rocks below, but it wasn't much.  =

   Prior to this unplanned-for bit of = "fun," Nancy and=20 I, and
   my sister had an absolutely fantastic sail for about 3 = hours. =20
   Had the lake virtually to ourselves.  Did come across the = Rumster
   and=20 his four-legged pal in their putt-putt (not 15 minutes before
   the=20 grounding), out surveying their private sailing venue, I
   guess--I know = who to=20 call, now, if I need a tow off the sand
   bar.  Good to see you,=20 Rummy.

   In spite of the grounding (a learning = experience),=20 the day was
   great.  The going back to the slip, closing up the = boat, and=20
   driving 2 hours back to Atlanta sucked, though.

   Peace.         =20 Claude