[Rhodes22-list] Great sail

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:32:50 -0400

Claude:
       Is Rummy's four legged friend black?
                                            Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of claude cox
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 11:13 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Great sail

Hey Rhodies;

Lost my virginity today.  Oh no, not THAT kind!  Staked my claim pretty
convincingly for a piece of recently revealed  Lake Hartwell real
estate.   I can no longer boast that I have never run aground.  Did it
so well too, as if I had practiced long and hard.  Wasn't a hard
grounding, just somewhat scary.  Managed to get the sails furled in 12
mph winds.  Thought I'd just back off then, but it wasn't to be until I
realized the cb was not all the way up.  Pulled up the last two inches,
throttled up the 8 hp Honda mercilessly, and backed off.  Don't know how
much clearance between the prop and the rocks below, but it wasn't much.

Prior to this unplanned-for bit of "fun," Nancy and I, and my sister had
an absolutely fantastic sail for about 3 hours.  Had the lake virtually
to ourselves.  Did come across the Rumster and his four-legged pal in
their putt-putt (not 15 minutes before the grounding), out surveying
their private sailing venue, I guess--I know who to call, now, if I need
a tow off the sand bar.  Good to see you, Rummy.

In spite of the grounding (a learning experience), the day was great.
The going back to the slip, closing up the boat, and driving 2 hours
back to Atlanta sucked, though.

Peace.          Claude