[Rhodes22-list] Race Standings

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:47:27 -0500

Anne,

Hmmmm.....that's interesting. stopped by a boat wake. We encountered quite
a few large wakes during our week there and while I expected to be stopped,
or at least thrown around some, our R 22 just kinda blew right through
them. Hardly missed a beat. Caulk up another good reason to have an R 22 :-).

OK, speaking of boat wakes, I don't know a lot about the rules of sailboat
racing. Explain to me why it is that you had to take penalty turns when the
boat behind you hits your stern. Isn't it his responsibility to pass you
cleanly??? Did the boat that hit yours have to take penalty turns too????

Good luck to you guys in the 50 miler. Wish I was going to be there to take
part, but alas I am up here dumping antifreeze in things and getting ready
for winter. Our weather up here which had been pretty nice til now, took a
sudden 180 and yesterday morning it snowed a little. (boo-hiss)  Jeez, I
can feel the winter aches and pains setting in already. Better watch out,
if I get any more disgusted with cold weather, you may get a new neighbor :-)

Rik