Tom what about that UPS sail? Re: [Rhodes22-list] Baltimore thank-yous to...

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 08:07:09 -0500

Tom

Oh yeah, I've got a question.....I want one of these UPS things, but, being
incredibly cheap :-) the first thing that occurs to me is that, coming with
it's own furler and such, this sail must be pretty darn expensive. Might
have to make it my Christmas present for both this year AND next year.
Would you mind giving us a rundown on the cost???

What I'd like to do is have my 175 cut down to 135 and then add this UPS
sail for lighter air. BTW, if this sail rolls up on it's own luff, how do
you store it??? Isn't it kinda long?? Seems like it would be pretty hard
to  fold it up into a small package if you start after it's rolled up.
Explanations please, inquiring minds want to know :-)

I've got a couple bucks in my pocket right now and now you've kindled a
flame so it's quickly burning a hole :-) :-)

TIA, Rik