[Rhodes22-list] Getaway's new clothes

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:59:41 -0400

Bob,

  very nice!  The hull and bottom look really good!  It looks like the
travel lift didn't need to strain at all. ;^)

There is a picture on Rhodes22.com showing the diamondboard extended, but
I've never seen the high aspect ratio centerboard down, except in really
murky water (visibility about 1/2 to 1 foot)
http://www.rhodes22.com/keel_diamond_small.html

--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: rhendy [mailto:rhendy@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 2:20 PM
To: Rhodes List
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Getaway's new clothes

I am submitting this photo for the FAQ list or the photos of boats page
because it shows the centerboard fully extended.  I have had my boat for
about nine months now and I have been pretty much around this list, but this
is the first time I have actually seen a photo of this particular aspect of
an R22.  This is a 1976 boat.  I understand that the newer boats have a
different design.

All I have left is the accent stripe and the name.  I'll post a photo when
it's done (but not until AFTER I sail it).

Fair Winds,

Bob Hendrickson
S/V Getaway